Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday 09/21/08

The next morning, Harley was a little better. He was able to get up with assistance, and went outside. He continued to improve, and seemed to be getting back to his old self. Yesterday morning when I woke up and went outside, I knew something was wrong. Harley did not look well at all, and when he finally stood up there was dried blood where he had been sleeping. He went to the yard and urinated dark amber urine. His kidneys were shutting down. Unlike last time, I contacted my soon to be ex. I had to communicate through his sister since he has no phone. She was at work and said she would send him over as soon as she got home. I waited and waited all the time watching Harley get worse. Harley looked at me and his eyes said 'I'm finished'. I begged him to hold on just a few more minutes, told him that his daddy was coming. When Jason finally arrived Harley could barely lift his head. I put the ball in Jason's court and told him that he had to take Harley and do what was right. He agreed and began packing Harley's food and water dishes, treats and toys. I told him that Harley was not going to make it that long. I told Jason that I would not let him take Harley if he was not going to do the right thing. When the time came for Harley to get in the car, he collapsed in the doorway of the porch, looked at me and said 'Please let me die here'. I went inside and cried in shame and sadness. I couldn't handle anymore. I couldn't handle seeing my ex, I couldn't handle watching my dog die, and I couldn't handle seeing my ex taking my dog away to die. Harley died at Jason's mom and dad's house the next afternoon at 1:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment