THE TOP 10 SIGNS YOU HAVE WORKED AT AN OLD FOLKS’ HOME TOO LONG
10) You scream at everyone around you when you talk because you think they are hard of hearing.
9) You no longer consider 80 ‘being old’.
8) You don’t feel awkward when someone next to you farts.
7) When you see elderly people in public you walk behind them because you are afraid they will fall.
6) You diagnose friends and family members with Alzheimer’s type dementia when they misplace their keys or forget what day it is. Then you provide reality orientation.
5) You begin to understand why so many people love Bingo.
4) You knock on doorframes to announce yourself when going from room to room in your house.
3) You awake from a dead sleep to answer a call light.
2) While dining in public you consider asking if the elderly couple next to you needs their food cut up. Then you wonder if they need thickened liquids when they cough.
AND THE #1 SIGN YOU HAVE WORKED AT AN OLD FOLKS’ HOME WAY TOO LONG…
1)You find it perfectly acceptable to talk about bowel movements. Anytime. Even at dinner!